We see many blogger pitches coming through every day…some good, some not so good. We thought it might be helpful to offer a few suggestions on what works best, and what brands find most interesting and appealing. Some of our blogging assignments can be very competitive, so it’s worth spending a bit of time on your pitch, making sure it’s as strong as it can be. Here are our top ten tips:
1. Make your pitch relevant to the assignment you are pitching for. Avoid using the same generic pitch for every assignment you respond to.
Stand out from the crowd
2. Why should you be picked? Tell the brand within your pitch how your blog is different from the rest, and what makes you best placed to work with them.
Look and feel
3. How will you write your post? What angle would you like to take, which will be best received by your audience? Will you be adding images and video? Will you be sharing the post across your social profiles? Include any detail you can offer a brand to help get the gig. However, don’t overpromise something you cannot deliver on.
4. Provide links to other content you have written, which are relevant to the assignment you are pitching for. This helps the brand check your style of writing, and identify the sort of post you could potentially write.
5. Who have you worked with before? Big yourself up in your pitch, but make sure you are honest. If you can include a testimonial quote from a brand you’ve recently worked with, that can be a really nice touch.
Grammar and spelling
6. Make sure the spelling and grammar within your pitch is 100% perfect before you hit ‘send’. You’re not going to get a second chance if your pitch is riddled with spelling mistakes.
Show your stats
7. Include your traffic and social stats. Brands like to know how your blog is doing. Once again, make sure you’re honest. It’s pretty easy for a brand to check up on these things.
8. Let the brand know a little bit about your blog demographics. This will help it to see if you’re a good fit.
9. What are your timeframes? When can the brand expect to see a post published by? This information will give brands comfort, knowing when your potential blog post will be published.
Build a rapport
10. Don’t be afraid to let your personality shine through. While it’s important to come across as professional, you need to do what you can to make the brand want to pick you personally. If you like to use a little humour, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t.
We hope you find this useful.
The Bloggers Required Team
Partners If you would like to get involved with Bloggers Required, we're always happy to hear from prospective advertisers, newsletter sponsors and partners, just give us a shout at [email protected]
Blogging assignments Bloggers Required does not write or imply any association with, nor endorsement by or of, the product/service/brand/business named in this blogging assignment, and is not responsible for the assignment contents or their authenticity. Please read our T&Cs, blogger FAQ and ethical blogging guide before applying to this blogging assignment UK – US.
Receive EXCLUSIVE blogging assignments via our weekly email newsletter
Join over 15,500 bloggers and subscribe to our mailing list to receive NEW and EXCLUSIVE blogging assignments and news.
Thank you for subscribing. Your weekly email blogging assignment email will be delivered every Monday.
Something went wrong.