Community blog post
Welcome back to #AdventureCalling, the outdoor linky that I co-host with David from Potty Adventures. Is everyone ready for Christmas? I’ve gone a bit crazy this year, fully intent on making the most of being on maternity leave. I work in retail, so don’t usually have time off in December, but this week we’ve been ice skating, to the panto and on a local Santa train ride. We’ve still got another trip to see Father Christmas at a nearby soft play, Finn’s nursery concert, and I’m debating an outing to the cinema to see CBeebies Thumbelina on Saturday. I can’t help it, despite nearly 13 years in retail (and trust me, that’s enough to kill anyone’s Christmas spirit) I still love this time of year!
If you haven’t joined us before, or if you’re an old hand, this is the place to link up your outdoor posts. We don’t care if they’re old or new, grand adventures or trips to the local park. As long as you’re outside, anything goes. Every week, as well as reading and commenting on every post, myself and David will choose a favourite post each to share on our Facebook pages. Our readers and followers love discovering new outdoor inspiration, just as much as we do. Consequently, it’s a great way to reach new people and gain new readers. David’s favourite post from our last link up was Visiting Langley Park from The Queen of Collage, while I was inspired by Adventure Brown’s 5 Photos from my Local Area.
We don’t have many rules, but here’s a few to help everything run smoothly. Please remember to pop back and comment on other posts, it’s what makes this such a friendly and supportive community.
- Add our #adventurecalling badge to each post that you link up using the code below.
- Comment on each of the hosts’ posts and a minimum of two other posts (of your choice) using the hashtag #adventurecalling when you comment.
- Tweet us the post that you’ve linked up using #adventurecalling both myself and David will retweet with pleasure.
- We’d love you to follow both Potty Adventures and The Helpful Hiker on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- You can link up a maximum of two posts and they can be old or new, we don’t mind!