I bet your Mum would remember this fragrance. If you haven’t bought her something smelly for Christmas, then you need to check these out. I guarantee she’ll love you even more for reminding her of her youth.
Aqua Manda featured on dressing tables the length and breadth of the UK in the early 70s. The tall brown bottle packaged in a beautiful orange box featuring a selection of ripe fruits and flowers. It took pride of place on my Mum’s table and would be the first bottle I would grab if I wanted to play at being an adult.
It’s a fragrance that brings back some very happy memories of the seventies for me. Even today, when I opened a bottle, it transported me straight back to being a kid again.
In my mind’s eye, I see my Mum doing her hair with heated rollers finishing her eyes with a feline flick that she’d peel off when she got home. Spraying it upwards into the air before walking through the fine mist.
It has a spicy oriental base from the tarragon and patchouli with a hint of neroli orange. This gives the scent as a sharp yet warm and woody edge perfect for evenings out.
Reviews claim it was not the same scent as the original, but I beg to differ. Although it’s a recreation, the steps BBD has taken to emulate it is incredible. Even to go as far as gaining approval from the original creator of the perfume.
OK, it’s not a young person fragrance. Millennials may recoil in horror, but older siblings and Mum’s of ours won’t. They might fondly remember it and will jump at the chance to wear it again. Much like my sister when I told her I had a bottle.
It’s sister scent Aqua Citra has also had a revamp. Born in the same era as it’s famous sibling but sadly never shone as bright as the top billing Aqua Manda.
Here is a much lighter airier scent with tones of bergamot, lemon verbena and star anise. Don’t think natural citrus. This is not regular lemon; it’s greener, a much leafier fragrance A brighter, fresh perfume with herbal notes which is perfect as a day to day scent.
Reintroduced to the market by BBD in nearly identical packaging to the original, both bottles are 100ml and cost between £35-£42.
I was the lucky recipient of 2 full sized bottles both Aqua Manda and Aqua Citra from BBD for this review. I only review things that I would buy or use myself.
Search Bloggers Required
Bloggers Required community
From the blog
- Create a stunning visual Influencer listing and maybe even link to it as your media kit? June 26, 2019
- 3 new sites for bloggers, vloggers & Instagrammers to share, promote & find new content March 18, 2019
- Calling all vloggers. A new site to promote your vlogs. Vlog Vote UP March 6, 2019
- Blogger Q&A with @charityshophop1 February 28, 2019
- My blogging rituals by @CherryRedGirl February 25, 2019
- A new site to share your latest blog posts – Blog Post Vote UP February 25, 2019
Get involved with Bloggers Required
Latest blogging assignments
- UK blogging assignment: Bloggers to test and review a new eye serum. Closes 13th Jan 2020 December 13, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Product Review for Premium Bird Food Supplier (Free Products to Review). Wildlife, Birding, Nature, Home and Gardening Blogs. Closes 12 Jan 2020 December 12, 2019
- Instagram assignment: Free Night Light and Smart Light – Closes 10th Jan 2020 December 12, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: (£ Paid opp) Beauty search comparison website seeking bloggers with a DA of 40 and above. Closes 25 Dec 2019 December 12, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Calling All Book Lovers!! Closes 9th Jan 2020 December 10, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: (£ Paid opp) We are looking for bloggers to create good quality health related content. Closes 4th Jan 2020 December 5, 2019
- UK Blogging/Instagram assignment: Are you a book lover in need of a feel-good boost this winter? – Closes 3rd Jan 2020 December 3, 2019
- Instagram/blogging assignment: UK bloggers & influences – Xmas content for wood burning products – Closes 10th Dec 2019 December 3, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Brand Launch – Mental health bloggers required to promote new clothing brand for people with depression. Closes 8th Dec 2019 December 3, 2019
- Blogging assignment: Review new Trampoline Park and Soft Play – Oxfordshire. Closes 12th Dec 2019 December 2, 2019