I bet your Mum would remember this fragrance. If you haven’t bought her something smelly for Christmas, then you need to check these out. I guarantee she’ll love you even more for reminding her of her youth.
Aqua Manda featured on dressing tables the length and breadth of the UK in the early 70s. The tall brown bottle packaged in a beautiful orange box featuring a selection of ripe fruits and flowers. It took pride of place on my Mum’s table and would be the first bottle I would grab if I wanted to play at being an adult.
It’s a fragrance that brings back some very happy memories of the seventies for me. Even today, when I opened a bottle, it transported me straight back to being a kid again.
In my mind’s eye, I see my Mum doing her hair with heated rollers finishing her eyes with a feline flick that she’d peel off when she got home. Spraying it upwards into the air before walking through the fine mist.
It has a spicy oriental base from the tarragon and patchouli with a hint of neroli orange. This gives the scent as a sharp yet warm and woody edge perfect for evenings out.
Reviews claim it was not the same scent as the original, but I beg to differ. Although it’s a recreation, the steps BBD has taken to emulate it is incredible. Even to go as far as gaining approval from the original creator of the perfume.
OK, it’s not a young person fragrance. Millennials may recoil in horror, but older siblings and Mum’s of ours won’t. They might fondly remember it and will jump at the chance to wear it again. Much like my sister when I told her I had a bottle.
It’s sister scent Aqua Citra has also had a revamp. Born in the same era as it’s famous sibling but sadly never shone as bright as the top billing Aqua Manda.
Here is a much lighter airier scent with tones of bergamot, lemon verbena and star anise. Don’t think natural citrus. This is not regular lemon; it’s greener, a much leafier fragrance A brighter, fresh perfume with herbal notes which is perfect as a day to day scent.
Reintroduced to the market by BBD in nearly identical packaging to the original, both bottles are 100ml and cost between £35-£42.
I was the lucky recipient of 2 full sized bottles both Aqua Manda and Aqua Citra from BBD for this review. I only review things that I would buy or use myself.
Search Bloggers Required
Bloggers Required community
From the blog
- Create a stunning visual Influencer listing and maybe even link to it as your media kit? June 26, 2019
- 3 new sites for bloggers, vloggers & Instagrammers to share, promote & find new content March 18, 2019
- Calling all vloggers. A new site to promote your vlogs. Vlog Vote UP March 6, 2019
- Blogger Q&A with @charityshophop1 February 28, 2019
- My blogging rituals by @CherryRedGirl February 25, 2019
- A new site to share your latest blog posts – Blog Post Vote UP February 25, 2019
Get involved with Bloggers Required
Latest blogging assignments
- US & Canadian blogging assignment: Introducing the Tote Hanger. Hang your Handbags. Closes 1st Aug 2019 July 1, 2019
- UK Instagram assignment: CBD Coffee / botanically enhanced Italian brews. Closes 20th July 2019 June 26, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Nutribuddy Breakfast Shake Reviewers Required: Organic, Gluten-free & Vegan Breakfast On-The-Go. Closes 25th July 2019. June 25, 2019
- Instagram assignment: (£) Influencers within the Lifestyle, Entertainment, Fashion, Style, Food & Drink or Relationship sectors who have a connection with London – Closes 07/23/2019 June 25, 2019
- UK & European Bloggers required to review and create recipes from a selection of Indigo Herbs products. Closes 15th July 2019 June 25, 2019
- UK Instagram assignment: Calling all bookaholics who’re looking for a feel-good read with a twist! – Closes 07/22/2019 June 24, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: I’m looking for book bloggers to review a feel-good read with a twist! Closes 22nd July 2019 June 23, 2019
- US blogging assignment: Get Free Craft Supplies from Pop Shop America. Closes 10th July 2019 June 23, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Calling all outdoor-lovers to promote Hey Dude. Closes 28th June 2019 June 22, 2019
- Blogging assignment: (Paid opportunity) Hair & Beauty Bloggers based in Germany required to try out Latin Hair Care Products. Closes 7th July 2019 June 22, 2019