I bet your Mum would remember this fragrance. If you haven’t bought her something smelly for Christmas, then you need to check these out. I guarantee she’ll love you even more for reminding her of her youth.
Aqua Manda featured on dressing tables the length and breadth of the UK in the early 70s. The tall brown bottle packaged in a beautiful orange box featuring a selection of ripe fruits and flowers. It took pride of place on my Mum’s table and would be the first bottle I would grab if I wanted to play at being an adult.
It’s a fragrance that brings back some very happy memories of the seventies for me. Even today, when I opened a bottle, it transported me straight back to being a kid again.
In my mind’s eye, I see my Mum doing her hair with heated rollers finishing her eyes with a feline flick that she’d peel off when she got home. Spraying it upwards into the air before walking through the fine mist.
It has a spicy oriental base from the tarragon and patchouli with a hint of neroli orange. This gives the scent as a sharp yet warm and woody edge perfect for evenings out.
Reviews claim it was not the same scent as the original, but I beg to differ. Although it’s a recreation, the steps BBD has taken to emulate it is incredible. Even to go as far as gaining approval from the original creator of the perfume.
OK, it’s not a young person fragrance. Millennials may recoil in horror, but older siblings and Mum’s of ours won’t. They might fondly remember it and will jump at the chance to wear it again. Much like my sister when I told her I had a bottle.
It’s sister scent Aqua Citra has also had a revamp. Born in the same era as it’s famous sibling but sadly never shone as bright as the top billing Aqua Manda.
Here is a much lighter airier scent with tones of bergamot, lemon verbena and star anise. Don’t think natural citrus. This is not regular lemon; it’s greener, a much leafier fragrance A brighter, fresh perfume with herbal notes which is perfect as a day to day scent.
Reintroduced to the market by BBD in nearly identical packaging to the original, both bottles are 100ml and cost between £35-£42.
I was the lucky recipient of 2 full sized bottles both Aqua Manda and Aqua Citra from BBD for this review. I only review things that I would buy or use myself.
Search Bloggers Required
Bloggers Required community
From the blog
- Create a stunning visual Influencer listing and maybe even link to it as your media kit? June 26, 2019
- 3 new sites for bloggers, vloggers & Instagrammers to share, promote & find new content March 18, 2019
- Calling all vloggers. A new site to promote your vlogs. Vlog Vote UP March 6, 2019
- Blogger Q&A with @charityshophop1 February 28, 2019
- My blogging rituals by @CherryRedGirl February 25, 2019
- A new site to share your latest blog posts – Blog Post Vote UP February 25, 2019
Get involved with Bloggers Required
Latest blogging assignments
- UK Instagram assignment: Free Dog pad review – Closes 18th Nov 2019 October 21, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Review a traditional thermal spa and beauty treatment, based in based in London and the Home Counties & Belfast. Closes 23rd Oct 2019 October 16, 2019
- UK & Worldwide blogging assignment: (£) Adult Content Bloggers Required. Closes 14th Nov 2019 October 15, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Looking For Christmas Gift Guides And Review Opportunities. Closes 1st Nov 2019 October 12, 2019
- UK Instagram assignment: Free electric blanket gift – Closes 10th Nov 2019 October 10, 2019
- UK Instagram assignment: Review custom-made jewellery using your own, or a loved one’s, handwriting. – Closes 10/31/2019 October 9, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Help Review Our Brand New “Secret Message” Chocolate Advent Calendar. Closes 8th Nov 2019 October 5, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Interested in hearing from bloggers with sensitive, or bleeding gums, or who suffer from recurrent mouth ulcers, who want to try and write about a range of oral and dental hygiene products. October 3, 2019
- UK Instagram assignment: Bloom – Sustainable Plant-Based Omega 3 Product – *Amazon Account Required* – Closes 10/25/2019 September 27, 2019
- UK blogging assignment: Review our products, including cufflinks, leather bracelets, socks and keep it! Closes 30th Sept 2019 September 26, 2019