WE LIVE IN A CRAZY TIME; WE LIVE IN A MAGICAL TIME! Since the news outlets tend to focus on the crazy, I like to focus on the magic. And one of the magical things about the time we live in, is that there are so many new career opportunities for Creatives. If you are willing to take chances, learn some new skills, and embrace a bit of uncertainty, there is plenty to do and create. I’ve always dreamed of working in my PJ’s, enjoying a cup of Joe, and risking becoming, what Oprah calls, a “schlumpadinka” who showers at 5pm. My dream has come true; but not without work, stretching my mind’s imagination, and an openness to having lucrative times, and “not so” lucrative times. I’m friends with Uncertainty, and sisters with Change; and I feel this is necessary if you want to become a professional blogger.
This is my second blog. I began this blog from a moment of spontaneous inspiration during a podcast, my soul sister and biz partner, Andie and I recorded on Blogging for Self-Development and Healing. What I call, my main blog, is the blog I write and share with Andie, http://iwondersisterhood.com. The iWonder Sisterhood blog is approximately 8 months old, and I feel that we have made tremendous strides in a short period of time. Most importantly, we are proud of the content, ideas, and blood, sweat and tears, of our lives, that have gone into this blog. iWonder is who we are. There is no other way to do this blogging thing, than to take “you”, and put it into your content. The blogging world is one place where authenticity reigns supreme. So no matter how popular you may think, “this blog”, or “that blog” is; your blog needs to be YOUR blog. This is the only way to success.
I offer you some of my best tips for those who desire to enter the world of professional blogging, which is really, “professional sharing”:
1. Authenticity is your key to the Golden Kingdom. I cannot repeat enough times, how vital it is to be yourself when creating, designing, and providing content for a blog. What people really want, is a piece of who you are; hoping to connect with that same part of themselves.
2. Be Real, and don’t overwhelm yourself. Don’t create a blog that you know you will not be able to maintain. Start off with one or two pages at the most; maybe one with written content, another with photos, or brief daily or weekly tips, quotes, video sharing, music, etc.
3. Set your intention for this blog. If you know that eventually you will use ads and links for income, or sell products of your own; create your blog and its design with this intention. This works in a two-fold manner; one, you have a workable design that can easily be expanded upon, and two, you create a mental and spiritual intention for your blog, so that it develops and unfolds in the way you desire.
4. Write about what you know. Because when you write about what you know; it’s easy to continue. Sharing does not become a drudgery, instead, it becomes your way of connecting with your audience; a social meditation in many ways.
5. Read, study, learn. Always look for ways to be a better blogger, a better sharer. Listen to videos on blogging by those who are as successful as you want to be. Read other blogger’s posts. Subscribe to blogs you like. This will keep you inspired and motivated to give your best to your readers.
6. Don’t be afraid to tweak your blog. In the first six months of blogging, you will find yourself noticing things you would not have noticed in the beginning; like design issues, the need to add or delete pages, the need for changes in your theme or logo design. Have fun creating your blog, and don’t worry about how good you are, or, are not, at “branding”. If the desire is there to become a successful brand; the information is also out there to assist you in doing so.
7. Become a blog addict, putting your all into the blog!! Sounds tiring? Well, it’s not! Because if you remember tip and rule #1, you can never truly tire of being YOU!
Thank you! And Good Blogging!
This guest post is written by:
Kimm, aka Spiritual Bling, Your Conscious Techno Geek xo
I consider myself a well-rounded Passionista. It is through my writing, blogging, collage art, and Magickal Life Coaching, that I share my gifts and continue on my own process of evolving. I am half of the iWonder Sisters. marriedtotheblog.wordpress.com expresses my passion for blogging and media. iwondersisterhood expresses my passion for Life.
Partners If you would like to get involved with Bloggers Required, we're always happy to hear from prospective advertisers, newsletter sponsors and partners, just give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blogging assignments Bloggers Required does not write or imply any association with, nor endorsement by or of, the product/service/brand/business named in this blogging assignment, and is not responsible for the assignment contents or their authenticity. Please read our T&Cs, blogger FAQ and ethical blogging guide before applying to this blogging assignment UK – US.