Bloggers Required was provided with a FREE sample, the opinions are strictly Bloggers Required own opinions.
I’ve always had my eye on smart watches but have never used one until now. So when HAMSWAN got in contact, I thought it could be a good opportunity to review a smart watch from a bloggers point of view.
This review was trialled with a Nexus 6 android phone.
BZ RWATCH R11 Bluetooth smart watch is compatible with iPhone and Android mobile phones devices. The smart watch connects to your phone via Bluetooth 4.0 or above enabling you to use some of the functionality from your phone on the smart watch.
Holding the watch for the first time, I was impressed by the quality construction and overall look and feel of the watch. The main watch is constructed of stainless steel, with scratch-resist glass face, finished off with a lovely leather strap. The watch is available in brown or black.
Turing the watch on for the first time:
The instructions are in English, they aren’t that clear, but it’s pretty easy to get the watch set up and running. First, you have to pair your watch via Bluetooth with your mobile phone, once that’s done you need to scan the QR code with your phone, from the instruction manual or that flashes up on the screen of the watch. This allows you to register and download the software, which means you can receive messages (only for Android) and push notifications.
For iOS users: You can download and install a free App “smartblue” on your smart phone so that you get push notifications on the smart watch.
Navigating you way around the watch was very easy, either swipe, tap to confirm, by using the circle confirmation button or the side home button to return to the clock face.
Features of interest:
The BZ RWATCH R11 comes fully loaded with features, here are the ones we particularly liked.
- Sleeping monitor – Gives you information on the quality of your sleep.
- Messaging: Allows you to read texts from your phone.
- Find phone: Lost your phone? Activate this feature and your phone speaks up, letting you know where it is.
- Pedometer: Seemed to be accurate when testing.
- Can make and receive calls.
Things to be aware of:
- When registering your software, you need to add your mobile phone number.
- You’d probably need to charge the watch up every day
- If you don’t turn the ringtone off to mute, you’ll get sound notifications all the time!
- All types of phone notifications will be sent to your watch from your phone, however, this can be controlled and managed from your phone.
From a bloggers point of view:
From a bloggers point of view, I’m not sure how handy this smart watch is and how useful smart watches in general are. Obviously, messages are flashed to your watch, but more often than not I found myself double checking messages on my larger phone screen. The making and receiving of calls could be of use, this saves you having to dig out your mobile from a bag or inside pocket for example. The smart watch is a time saver to some degree, but you’re probably always going to refer back to your phone. Old habits die hard!. But for the geeks out there, smart phones are not to be missed.
To be in with a chance of winning this smart watch, just enter as outlined below.
- You must be a UK resident to enter.
- The winners will be drawn at random and will be contacted within 7 days of the competition finishing, they will also be named on this blog post.
- The winners will be contacted via email
Receive EXCLUSIVE blogging assignments via our weekly email newsletter
Join over 15,500 bloggers and subscribe to our mailing list to receive NEW and EXCLUSIVE blogging assignments and news.
Thank you for subscribing. Your weekly email blogging assignment email will be delivered every Monday.
Something went wrong.