What is the one thing in your life that you feel completely passionate about? The one thing you always think about, dream about, and talk about. For me, it’s fashion.
I’ve always had a deep-rooted love for all things fashion, and I wanted a career in fashion, but working retail just didn’t do it for me. That’s when I decided I wanted to start a fashion blog! I wanted to express my love for fashion by creating posts that help people develop their own sense of style along with developing my own fashion sense.
I want to explain why and how you should start a blog about what you are passionate about.
Let me first explain the why. You should start blogging because… WHY NOT? It is an outlet for you to be creative and dig deeper into the one thing you are most passionate about in life and learn more about it. I’ve learned so much more about current fashion trends, other fashion bloggers, and other facets in the industry I didn’t even know existed. You just need to find a way to get started.
I need to point out a roadblock that every aspiring blogger comes across along the way. I found myself asking these 5 questions:
1. Will I have time to blog?
2. What will I name my blog?
3. Who is even going to read my blog?
4. Is my blog going to as good as these other fashion bloggers?
5. How do I even begin designing my blog?
Here are the answers that I came up with to my own questions.
1. YES! Of course you will have time, but you have to make time for it! Instead of watching TV when you get home from work, make the decision to work on your blog. Have a coffee date with a friend this weekend? Bring your laptop and work on your blog after you meet your friend. There are 24 hours in a day and I guarantee you can find a couple hours to work on your blog. If it’s important to you, you will find the time for it.
2. Naming my blog was a slight challenge because a lot of the names I came up with were already taken. I wrote down a list of words I loved that either had to do with fashion or meant something personally to me and I would try different word combinations together until I found something I loved.
3. I had so much doubt in my mind when I started my blog and I always asked myself “who is going to care about MY sense of style and fashion advice?” There is ALWAYS someone out there seeking advice, and your suggestions and intelligence could change their life. No matter what topic you choose to blog about, there is always going to be an audience for it.
4. I kept comparing my blog to other fashion bloggers and I always wondered if mine would ever look as good as theirs. I was forgetting that the blogs I was reading have been around for YEARS and my blog was just days old, so it wasn’t right to even compare my blog to anyone else’s. I decided I was just going to focus on my blog and not worry about the other designs and content other girls were posting.
5. Picking a design is the fun part of starting a blog (at least for me it was)! There are hundreds of websites where you can choose blog themes. You can find themes that are cheap or even free, and then you will find some that cost hundreds of dollars. There is a theme for everyone out there. I was so excited to find a theme that expressed style, elegance, and classiness, since I wanted my blog to reflect my personal style. After I picked a theme, I had a logo created. I felt like I finally had a blog that I was visually proud of.
I’m so glad that I overcame all of the self-doubt I had because I love blogging. It is my favorite hobby and I always find ways to make time for it. I get excited when I come up with new blog post ideas, and it feels so rewarding when people tell me that my blog material has helped them.
If you are wondering if you should start a blog or not, I highly recommend you do it! I guarantee it will be a good decision because it opens up new horizons and you learn so much about the blogging world. Don’t give up just because you can’t find a theme or can’t think of a name right away. All of those things come with time! Be patient with yourself, work hard, and most of all have fun with it!
Guest blog post by:
Partners If you would like to get involved with Bloggers Required, we're always happy to hear from prospective advertisers, newsletter sponsors and partners, just give us a shout at email@example.com
Blogging assignments Bloggers Required does not write or imply any association with, nor endorsement by or of, the product/service/brand/business named in this blogging assignment, and is not responsible for the assignment contents or their authenticity. Please read our T&Cs, blogger FAQ and ethical blogging guide before applying to this blogging assignment UK – US.