Community blog post
December 2018 Goals are part of the monthly goal-setting series where I share my ambitions for the month. At the start of each month, I take some time to think of things I want to accomplish. Being a go orientated person, I love mapping out the new month in advance. I often get asked why I set goals and how I manage to stay on top of them monthly.
For me setting goals is all about providing myself with purpose and direction. Life will often throw curve balls but that doesn’t mean you can’t set goals. December is often a hectic month due to the festivities and often life goes into disarray. I, therefore, give myself direction by setting December 2018 Goals that are in alignment with the season.
Recap of November 2018 Goals
Before I can get ahead of myself and planning the rest of the month, a recap is necessary. I am a strong believer in learning from the past near and far this is why a recap is essential. Here is a recap of the November 2018 Goals;
- Travel – I am visiting Bremen, Salzburg,
Zagreband Gdansk this month alone. Every single week, I am travelling abroad. SUCCESS – apart from a cancelled trip to Zagreb, all went smoothly.
- Local Adventures – Explore National Trust Properties. SUCCESS – I managed to explore some local areas.
- Christmas Gifts and Guides – Start shopping for the family and write guides on the blog. PARTIAL SUCCESS – whilst I have written all the guides, I haven’t started Christmas shopping yet.
- Monthly Personal time – need a media detox. FAILED – I wanted to take some personal time especially from social media but that didn’t happen.
I did not do too badly in November but I failed on one item that is most essential. If there is one thing I have learned in the 5 years of blogging is knowing when to take a break. I have not been able to take a media detox because of the various commitments. But I will strive to have that this month even though it’s bound to be hectic. Regardless, here are some of my December 2018 Goals.
December 2018 Goals – festivities
December promises to be such a wonderful and busy month of festivities and adventure. I am excited to be heading Faro, Portugal this month and reviewing some amazing locations. Make sure you be following me on Instagram for up-to-date information on my latest adventures.
Before I get carried away talking about my upcoming adventures, listed below are the December 2018 Goals. When I was writing these goals, I wanted them to be seasonally orientated.
- Social Media detox – though I have loads of blogging commitments to do, I want to take some time off. As a blogger, I almost always have to be switched on to everything social media. Thankfully I have some tools that help me to not always be online.
- Travel Home & Abroad – as mentioned already, I am off to Portugal this month for a couple of days. In terms of home adventures, I am off to Leamington Spa for a nice spa break. Very much needed and excited to be exploring Faro and relaxing at a spa.
- Christmas Plans & Presents – I am yet to buy any presents for my family. But I am hoping to change that in the next few weeks and no last-minute buys. Our plans this year is to spend time with my family and visit some old friends too.
- Blogging Commitments – in order for me to have that social media detox that I sorely need, I need to complete my commitments. I have a few commitments that are running behind and want to complete before I fly to Portugal.
I am so excited about December as I will get to spend a lot of time with my family. We all live some distance apart and will be nice to spend time under the same room. Have you set any December 2018 Goals?