- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 5cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, bashed, sliced
- groundnut oil
- 400g raw, peeled king prawns
- 1 Cod fillet, boned, skinned & cut into chunks
- 2 squid, feather removed and sliced
- 1 pack sugarsnap peas, mangetout or green beans – roughly sliced
- 50g coconut cream
- 100 ml chicken or veg stock
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan and sauté the onion, until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, chilli, ginger, lemongrass and lime leaves over a medium heat for roughly 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns, cod, squid rings, vegetables, coconut cream and stock to the pan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Take the pan off the heat and add a splash of fish sauce and a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
- Serve on a bed of rice.