Having an SEO plugin for WordPress in an excellent idea and can make it easier to get your blog ranked in search results, but having an SEO plugin setup incorrectly can cause more harm than good. Below is a simple guide to setting up All-In-One-SEO for WordPress. First, open the All-In-One-SEO general settings by selecting ‘All in One SEO’ on the left hand side of your wordpress dashboard, then select ‘General Settings’. Now we can edit our All-In-One-SEO to fully optimize your WordPress site.
1) Scroll down a little way to ‘General Settings’ and look for something called ‘Canonical URLs’ and make sure this is selected. This will protect your wordpress site against duplicate content and is handy if you post similar articles.
2) Next we want to add our meta content, scroll down a little more to ‘Home Page Settings’. Now enter your WordPress title, your WordPress description and the keywords. Make sure you make your WordPress description keyword rich as this is what search engines concentrate on the most.
3) Moving down the page to ‘Title Settings’, we want to remove our blog title from the post title. To do this all you have to do is delete the %blog_title% from the ‘post title’ format box as shown in the picture below.
4) ‘KeyWord Settings’, when you write a new post if this box is checked it will use your default keyword settings for your homepage, I recommend unchecking this so you can write an individual keyword descriptions for each post.
5) Finally, we have to set the ‘NoIndex’ settings, adjusting these settings will make sure none of our old and disused content is indexed in search results which is bad for SEO. To do this we want the first four boxes ticked. Look at the picture below to make sure you have the right boxes checked.
If you follow the steps above you will have fully optimized your WordPress site for search engines, and remember these principles can be used for all SEO.
Guest post by:
Written By Edward, owner of Stop Byte. Latest Technology News And Computer Tips And Tricks.
Partners If you would like to get involved with Bloggers Required, we're always happy to hear from prospective advertisers, newsletter sponsors and partners, just give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blogging assignments Bloggers Required does not write or imply any association with, nor endorsement by or of, the product/service/brand/business named in this blogging assignment, and is not responsible for the assignment contents or their authenticity. Please read our T&Cs, blogger FAQ and ethical blogging guide before applying to this blogging assignment UK – US.